Friday, 22 February 2013

FROCK SHOP OPEN AT LAST


Despite nearly driving me to an early grave today, computers stealing my hard written words & pictures and putting them in place I did not want them to be the TED & AGNES FROCK SHOP has opened its doors and a new adventure has begun.

Each item will be completely unique, designed, totally handmade, stitched and finished by me...the designs have been lovingly sketched and transferred to patterns in sizes 8 - 22. Most will be made to order as using vintage & repurposed fabric there will rarely be more than one or 2 skirts available in a particular design but there will be a few ready made items on the site....just a few as I have no illusions of grandeur or to strut my stuff on dragons den I just have a simple desire to stitch lovely things and to teach others to do the same..

I have started the collection with a simple A-line skirt which flatters all manner of folk and I will shortly be launching a most perfect GRANNY CHIC frock to be worn with pride along with your clogs of purpose & rose tined specs.

Exciting times ahead as I offer my sewing patterns for sale alongside the workshops I will be running...for those of you unable to join me here in studio there will be online video's to take you through each step of the snipping & pinning & stitchery which you will be able to access once you have purchased the pattern, obviously there won't be any delicious cake or posh coffee.


So do have a gander around the shop and please do contact me if you have any burning questions that simply must be answered...www.tedandagnes.co.uk

9 comments:

  1. Hi really love your book.Its inspired me.x loving the cushion may have to order it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sounding very exciting, have had a dabble at dress making but it really does hurt my brain! so would be very interested in your patterns and an online guide, sounds the bee knees :-) your skirts are beautiful will pop over and have a look...good luck x
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a look at the shop - well done to you, you have worked so hard :)

    Would be interested in a pattern sometime for a skirt - actually I'd love to do a workshop but sadly just too far for me to travel on my own at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray, hooray, hooray! The word frock sends me giddy with delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a browse in your "frock shop" and I love, love, love the fabrics you've used for the skirts. My finger was just about to press the "buy me" button when I decided to check the sizes. You have a 28 inch waist for a size 14 but my waist is 33 inches and I'm a size 14 and I usually buy my skirts from Ness and they're more or less the same shape,so before I press the button I thought I'd best check with your good self, Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sweet Lucey...have emailed you but I had listed the wrong measurements late last night so off to rectify it now Rx

      Delete
  6. I love your frock shop - all adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Your designs are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello , i do love your work , i saw you at the Harrogate country living show and bought a few things and also joined your bauble making class i am a huge fan xxxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment...it does cheer my day when people say hello...