My skin is random to say the least, one minute its sore because its so dry, the next I'm covered in spots....not what I had in mind in my forties so I am always desperately trying to find the perfect face wash that will do the job whatever the skin condition that week.
I thought I would share this recipe here as so far my skin seems to be a-okay and not having any issues or blotches. I use geranium essential oil for its balancing effect but you can change it for another if it would suit your skin better.
bits & bobs you will need
- 50mls unscented castile liquid soap ( i use Dr Bronner's)
- 50mls rosewater
- 8-10 drops of rose geranium essential oil
- A small bottle
- Pour the soap & rosewater into the bottle and give it a good shake
- Add the essential oils into the mix and then shake again
- Shake the contents each time you use it.
Now the perfect companion for use with the face wash are these natty wee face cloths. Ideal for those cotton wool haters out there and for those that find exfoliating face washes a little too harsh for the face. I made 14 so I have 2 sets one for using & one set in the wash. Brilliant for using up those pesky ends of yarn that are always hanging about. Do use a natural fibre such as cotton or linen otherwise your cleansing experience maybe akin to that of nails scrapping down a blackboard...
cotton or linen yarn scraps
4mm crochet hook
1. ch 20 turn
2. in 3rd ch from hook 1 dc
3. skip 1 ch and dc in next to end
4. turn, 2ch and then repeat step 3
5. once you have a square fasten off and sew in ends